“ They explain my accounts in a way that’s
easy to understand


Non Resident Landlords Tax Advice

Special rules exist for landlords who own properties in the UK but are resident abroad for a period exceeding 6 months (non-resident landlords).

If your tax affairs are up to date, non-resident landlords can apply to the Inland Revenue to receive their income from rental property gross, ie, without basic rate tax having been deducted. Otherwise agents acting for non-resident landlords are required to deduct tax at source on rental income received.

Although other income may not be taxable in the UK, rental income from UK properties will still be subject to tax in the UK. Personal allowances may however be available to cover some or all of the net rental income.

Living overseas with rental property in the UK and need advice, contact buytolet@moco.co.uk

take the next step


Take the next step

We are here to help

Get in touch