dental banner

“ We only act

for dentists

Dental Home


Morris and Co act for a large number of dentists from overseas, both from EU countries and from further afield.  We realise that as well as (usually) being unfamiliar with life in the UK you are also going to be unfamiliar with UK taxes and so we make sure that we give dentists from overseas special help. 

If you are a dentist from overseas we will do the following for you:-

  • Check, if necessary, whether there are any problems to your operating as a self employed dentist, or whether your particular circumstances mean that your employer needs to employ you directly.
  • Inform H M Revenue & Customs that you have begun self employment and arrange for you to pay the statutory Class 2 National Insurance contribution.
  • Explain to you exactly what you need to do from a record keeping point of view to satisfy the requirements of H M Revenue and Customs in terms of your business records.
  • Tell you exactly what you will get tax relief on and what you can do to minimise your tax liability.
  • Give you a copy of some detailed notes that we have written specifically for dentists from overseas which explains how the UK tax system operates so far as self employed dental associates from overseas are concerned.
  • If necessary consider any other income you may have from overseas and deal with any tax liability that you may have on this, as well as taking into account any reliefs that may be available under Double Taxation Agreements with your country of origin.
  • If you ask us we will post you an umbrella to keep off the rain!  (Really!)

Most of the dentists from overseas that we act for come as a result of being recommended to us by their friends so we know that our clients from overseas are very happy with our service!